Trillium Health Partner Foundation
• Trillium Health Partners, is one of the largest community-based hospital networks in Canada, with its three sites– Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital and Queensway Health Centre. THP is also home to the Carlo Fidani Regional Cancer Centre, a service partner of the Mississauga Halton Central West Regional Cancer Program.
• THP’s Carlo Fidani Regional Cancer Centre provides care to community members in South Etobicoke, Mississauga, Halton Hills, Oakville, Milton, Georgetown, Bolton, Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin County, Malton, Orangeville, Rexdale, Shelburne and Woodbridge.
• THP’s Carlo Fidani Regional Cancer Centre sees over 140,000 patients per year. With the emphasis on providing exceptional patient care, 24 hours a day, seven days a week— while refining patient care for continuous improvements.
• The Carlo Fidani Regional Cancer Centre is integrated with a comprehensive and world-class oncology program, including the Paediatric Oncology Clinic, which is the largest of the seven Paediatric Oncology Group of Ontario (POGO) satellite clinics in the province, treating largest number of patients referred from SickKids.
• Having a POGO clinic in our region ensures that our parents and young patients do not have to travel long distances to downtown Toronto for their care. THP’s POGO Clinic provides care for patients ranging in age from a few months, to 18 years’ old, and seeing over 1400 patients each year.
Georgetown Hospital Foundation
As our local community hospital, Georgetown Hospital is often the first-place people turn when they have a health emergency or need diagnostics.
• Our fundraising focus this year is on purchasing $500,000 of new and upgraded laboratory equipment, which is one of the vital diagnostic tools to detect abnormalities and quickly move patients to the next step of their healthcare journey.
• Halton Healthcare has a cancer unit at the Oakville site, which includes chemotherapy treatment.
• Cancer surgeries including breast, bowel, prostate and gynecology are performed at Georgetown Hospital.
• Cancer patients are also cared for at Georgetown Hospital throughout their journey, whether for initial diagnosis, monitoring along the way, responding to complications or providing compassionate palliative support at end of life.